Until I put the band on I liked how it was turning out.
The band looked like it should fit when the peices were laid out, it sewed on like it fit, and I didn’t notice until after the next few steps.
I sewed it on and then folded over the edge of the other side of the band, just like the directions said.
The back looks great, but I am far from pleased with the front. It does not lay right at all. If the bolero turned out I think it would fit properly.
I removed the stitching from the last step in hopes that the issue was somewhere in the finishing touches, but that wasn’t thw case. For now I haven’t removed the band peice, I am not sure what I want to do with it or the best way to fix it.