I promised my daughter 2 swimsuits if she let me make them. Together we picked the fabrics and I ordered them. I finished the first one and I am happy with how it turned out, even with the 5 sections on the front that were meant for color blocking.
I started by “unblocking” it and tracing the existing pattern pieces into one. (I did verify the new pattern piece by comparing it to the finished suit)
Then I cut it out using a rotary cutter. (which I think is getting dull)
It was a lot faster to cut out the “unblocked” front than the 5 pieces for the front. If I had matching colors of ribbed lycra I would consider color blocking in a different manner. Maybe next year IF I can find some. (minimum order was 1 yard of fabric and all the cuts in both my orders from eBay seller lycra4sale were generous cuts)