Since I “unblocked” the pattern piece for this suit. (by tracing the front piece of the other suit after it was sewn) I didn’t have to sew the front pieces together, being that the fabric is ribbed (my daughter says that is the stripes so she has stars and stripes in her “patriotical” swimsuit) it probably looks better with a solid piece in the front.
I started by sewing the back pieces together.
Then sewed the crotch seam.
And repeated with the lining.
So far I am really liking how this is turning out, not only because I have had more practice at sewing swimsuits and this type of fabric, but the way the colors are pooling. When I sew this again I might cut the back piece on the fold and eliminate the back seam.