My sister and I decided that we (I) would sew the bodice lining as a muslin first to check for fit. The lining/muslin fabric shrank when my sister pre-shrunk it, so we ended up using a bit of the extra 1/2 yard she decided to get off the end of the bolt. We also didn’t cut the center piece along a fold (whoops!)
We cut and marked everything as we would any other pattern.
She pinned I sewed. I gave the mistakenly not cut on fold piece a 1/4″ seam.
Aside from doing a size larger than anticipated and sewing 5/8″ seams instead of the 1″ seams the directions request we won’t have to make any other adjustments.
My sister will be cutting out the rest of the dress by herself, hopefully she remembers to adjust the front bodice pieces 1/4″ to compensate for the adjustment by the seam on the lining/muslin. She chose a navy lace to overlay the darker purple (side front pieces on the lining/ muslin are the same purple fabric) and will be cutting out the overlay on the skirt so that the scallops on the edge of the fabric along the bottom of the skirt.
Since we don’t have to make any adjustments to the pattern this should be a very simple project.