Annnd done.

I am done with my daughter’s 3rd (and last for this year) swimsuit. It was just as easy as the first one that I made for this summer.

Just like with the other two suits I did a stretch stitch to make sure the side and shoulder seams were secure.

IMG_1938

And secured the elastic around all the openings with a zig-zag stitch.

IMG_1939

And folded the edges over and stitched with a double needle around all the openings.

IMG_1947

And finally after what took a little longer than expected (due to having to fill the bobbin and the needle breaking)

IMG_1948

IMG_1949

Even though I used the same front as the first suit, and added the same amount to the back this swimsuit has a little more room for growth than the other suits do. Which is fine by me since I won’t have to rush to make another suit if/when she has a growth spurt. (and one is probably coming soon she is showing all her normal signs before a growth spurt)

I may or may not be don sewing swimsuits this year. Although I am done for my daughter and will not be sewing a suit for myself. (I might add a modesty panel to a RTW suit I have had for a few years) I might be commissioned to make one for a cousin’s daughter. (and by commissioned I mean they will pay for the fabric and supplies and I will make it)

Advertisements

About alwaystimetoprocraftinate

I am a homemaker that loves to start but now always finish project. I have been married 11 years, with 2 children that will both be in school this year.
This entry was posted in Sewing and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s