I put on the collar pieces, front and back facings today.
I actually did it according to directions this time, and although I wish I hadn’t. It had me sew the under collar on, then the upper collar and the facings. If I make it again I will sew the upper collar, back facing, and front facing pieces together first before sewing it onto the main jacket.
All that is left for the jacket is to line it, I hope I can get it done tomorrow.
I also figured out how I am going to finish off the beard so my son can wear it. I cut a length of 1/4″ elastic )slightly shorter than the length needed) and threaded it through the beard and sewed it shut.