I had all the ingredients and an idea that was burning in my mind.
Flavor it with Kool-aid.
I measured how much the 3 empty tubes would hold. (1 teaspoon each!) So I used a bit extra beeswax and cocoanut oil, which I was using as a substitute for shea butter. I also substituted vitamin E oil for the almond oil. (both were ingredients used in many other recipes I had seen. I colored and flavored it with a bit of Kool-aid. (the unsweetened packages, and only until it started to change color)
I sucked up the melted mixture with a syringe instead of a pipette. It was much messier!
I like the tint of color, and the kids like the flavor. I didn’t like this recipe as much as the one in the kit.(but the kids liked it better.) I wouldn’t mind having it colored like the store bought ones for the kids but this isn’t they way, the Kool-Aid didn’t dissolve and there was a lot of grit at the bottom of my mixing glass. (there was a little extra the gritty part didn’t end up in the tubes) I might make another mini batch combining the 2 recipes that I used…in a few months when we get some of these used up.