The kids went to a car show went to a car show with their grandpa. I finally have time to post a project I finished a while ago.
I finished my daughter’s first tankini swimsuit about a month ago!. I haven’t had a chance to blog it until now. I used fabric I had intended for myself but I might still have enough left.
It has been too long since I last posted. I am tired after work a lot or just don’t have time to craft. I still plan on making my daughter her swimsuits because of her fit issues.
I did get the patterns traced.
I also ordered the Jalie Nico pattern that I wanted for future rash guards. My copy has a minor typo.
(it says girl’s and woman’s instead of men and boys)
Sorry for not posting in a while, work has been keeping me pretty busy. I have a found another way to possibly make my own nail stamping plate. So I am going to try this and compare my made up diy version.
We do have the tool, I just have to wait for my husband to remember to bring it home from work. (not sure why he took it there, but it is ours) I have been using one at work on occasion so I know I can engrave just not sure how neat it will be.
I haven’t had much time to sew lately but I am determined to make a few things in the near future. I had a pattern for pajamas for a swim shirt/rash guard for my cousin’s son. But I like this one better.
Jalie’s Nico raglan shirt
This and several other new patterns will be released soon. It has both my husbands and my son’s sizes too.
It’s time for me to fess up! Hmmm… Now that the chocolate has been eaten I will say what I was up to. I haven’t done my nails in a really long time, but I will be soon to test out my DIY nail stamping plate.
I started by cutting out small images on outdoor (permanent) vinyl. After weeding my tiny images not all of them are clear. it could be the size or it could be the blade is getting dull. Then I applied the sticker to my tin.
I should have made them a bit smaller (some are too big some will only fit my thumb) but I think they will work at least as a temporary nail stamping plate.
If I can come up with a better idea I will but I will be trying this soon and I am positive it will work. I should have time later this week.
I have an idea brewing in my head, it involves, this tin. (when it is emptied)
My die cutting machine, outdoor vinyl stickers, nail polish. It is a DIY attempt that will be epic if it works, but MEH if it fails. (well to me)
We will also soon be trying hydro dipping some things! if it works I might show part of the process.
Since my husband started making slings we tend to have some smaller pieces of para-cord lying around.
We were asked about making a lanyard. After a little research we found a simple one. So simple that neither my husband or I could figure it out, but our daughter could. She did the lighter stitch and my husband did the other stitch. we had the key ring lying around the house.