I know that the blog I am posting a link to isn’t even from the brand of cutting machine I have, but they still have a lot of good ideas and tips, this is one I have used. and frankly it is a really good one. I upgraded to a 12×12 with some coupons at the craft store.
Storing pre cut designs
I hope I can post more often.
Oops… I didn’t take pics of anything but the finished shirt, but this is much better than the first time I tried screen printing.
DIY screen print part 1 DIY screen print shirts part 2
I found a better DIY! I still used an embroidery hoop, but this time scrap organza fabric instead of the nylon. (but If I need more “screen” fabric at any time I will probably get a cheap sheer curtain I saw one at Family Dollar for $5) I also used puff paint instead of acrylic paint, as well as a plastic putty knife (also from Family Dollar for $2 for 3) instead of brushing it on. and instead of the glue/puff paint to block where I didn’t want paint I used a adhesive vinyl sticker I cut with my machine. (if it would tolerated the heat I would have used HTV)
I did a ombre effect which a pro screen printer would probably have multiple screens for I swiped white from the top and orange from the bottom. when the paint overlapped it gave the effect of a ombre.
There are 2 things I would have changed about this. I would have used a darker shade of the same color as the shirt, and it wouldn’t have bled under the sticker. (which wasn’t lying compleatly flat in some spots.)
Next time I make a screen for printing I will use acrlyic tube paint or actual screen print paint.
Posted in Budget, Craft, crafts, crafts., cutting machine, diy, Uncategorized
Tagged adhesive vinyl, cutting machine, diy screen print, embroidery hoop, f, family dollar, glue, htv, nylon, puff paint, scrap organza fabric, sheer curtain
Today I bought 2 pdf patterns, from peekaboo pattern shop for this years swimsuits.
I got the Bahama mama tankini top and the Bahama mama boy shorts .
My daughter will be getting 2 new swimsuits this summer, both tankinis (both bottoms boy shorts if they fit her) I will be making myself 1 for sure maybe 2, another 1 pieces for my cousin’s daughter and one swim shirt for my son. I will try to be better about posting. at least the finished projects anyway. (and the swimwear could possibly be all at once my suit, one of my daughter’s suits and my son’s swim shirt will be all coordinating)
I think I have posted about this before, but I should make a few more. Since I should start sewing swimsuits for this summer soon.
Sorry for not posting in what seems like forever! My schedule has been crazy. I have been crafting but not taking pics or posting. I will try to get better about it again. Anyway Milano cookies are one of my favorites!! I hope I get time to try this soon. (which is why I am sharing it.. to make sure I can find it again)
If you’re reading this… welcome! This is my very first blog post and I promise I’ll try not to be too awkward. Okay, let’s start off with these copycat Milano Cookies I found on Pinterest from, Pure Wow by Erin Mcdowell. They are amazing and might even be better than the original Milano cookies…. Just kidding, […]
via CopyCat Milano Cookies — Sweeter Than Your Average
I haven’t posted in way too long! Anyway…. I have been looking for a different job, with no luck so far, crafting (mostly Iron on Vinyl shirts some of which I can’t share) But I am exited after searching and searching there is a new true type font converter that works with any font already on my computer (and any free one I choose to download)
I have been getting files ready to cut for shirts that hopefully I can share soon. Thanks to a half off sale at Michael’s craft store’s recent sale on iron on vinyl (and my in-law’s for adding to my stash)
I don’t know how or why this idea came to my mind. But I got my shirt, and taped off what I didn’t want dyed.
Then, using an empty (and cleaned) spice shaker I sprinkled the dye powder mixed with salt onto the dry shirt. And sprayed it lightly with a mixture of warm water and vinegar, and let it dry.
Once it was dry I shook off as much as I could and removed the tape, sandwiched it between 2 old towels and washed it.
Aside from the fact that the stripes turned out purple instead of black it is exactly how I pictured it. I will be making more shirts using this technique.!
My daughter outgrew her favorite denim shorts with white stars on them. I did find a few possibilities but I either didn’t like the price or it wasn’t available in a size that she needed.
So I made a stencil (out of a flexible cutting mat) and grabbed some stencil brushes, and some white paint, as well as some plain shorts she already had (probably from a rummage sale) which she didn’t wear often.
I held the stencil in place with tack it over and over glue (the same stuff I use to make my cutting mat sticky again) and holding it in place.
I really like how they turned out, so does my daughter even though she wishes the stars were brighter.
The kids went to a car show went to a car show with their grandpa. I finally have time to post a project I finished a while ago.
I finished my daughter’s first tankini swimsuit about a month ago!. I haven’t had a chance to blog it until now. I used fabric I had intended for myself but I might still have enough left.
It has been too long since I last posted. I am tired after work a lot or just don’t have time to craft. I still plan on making my daughter her swimsuits because of her fit issues.
I did get the patterns traced.
I also ordered the Jalie Nico pattern that I wanted for future rash guards. My copy has a minor typo.
(it says girl’s and woman’s instead of men and boys)